Old May 9th 08, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default Boris - remove this absurd Oyster vs cash cost disparity

In article ,
MIG wrote:
I really think that that attitude applies more to TfL's dogged
insistence that all Oyster rules are correct and fair and will not be
changed, without reference to Oyster's incomplete availability or any
attempt to point out any problems to which there are solutions.

I think you'll find that most people think that Oyster rules can
be improved, but that (on the whole) it's better than the alternatives.

IMO, the detractors of oyster do not understand why it is the way
it is. This understanding is essential to understand if the change
will be a net improvement or not.

Noone is doubting that making cash fares and oyster fares would
be an improvement for some... but TfL have to worry about the rest
of London too. It would be daft to improve the service for - say
- a thousand folk at the cost of the other 7.5 million folk in
London.

Personally, I'm moderatly impresed with TfL at the moment. Oyster
readers at my Overground station were broken, so on my journey home
I touched in at the start of the journey and couldn't touch out on
exit. Before I rang the oyster helpdesk, they'd already emailed me
to tell me a refund had been issued!

(I'll probably have to ring them anyway: I didn't touch in on the way
to work, so I owe them 50p or something).

--
Shenanigans! Shenanigans! Best of 3!
-- Flash