Old May 9th 08, 06:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Eric Eric is offline

Default Johnson unveils Tube alcohol ban

On 2008-05-09, Rob wrote:
On May 8, 9:55*pm, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
On Thu, 8 May 2008 21:09:52 +0100, "Paul Scott"

wrote:
They'll probably have walk through machines to test it for the presence of
gin or vodka by then

:-)

It did occur to me that those who wish to continue drinking alcohol on
the Tube will just get round the new rule by carrying it mixed with a
soft drink in the appropriate soft drink container.

Neil

--
Neil Williams

I am working on a mental sleeve that fits around a can of Tennants
Super that makes it look like you are drinking Fanta

Rob

Long ago and far away, a friend of mine had an enormous number of
soft-drink cans that contained beer.

He worked for a brewery that had bought a new canning machine which had
to be tested before the cans arrived, so they used whatever they could
get that would work in the machine. Of course it was illegal to sell
them, and may even have been illegal to give them away, so they put them
on pallets under a tarpaulin at the back of the brewery yard, and
'forgot' about them. They're still there, of course .

My friend liked to give them to thirsty friends and acquaintances
without warning so he could enjoy the reaction.