Old May 9th 08, 08:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default Boris - remove this absurd Oyster vs cash cost disparity

In article ,
Boltar wrote:
On 9 May, 17:24, John B wrote:
Could you get any more Anglophone-arrogant? Last time I checked, TfL
stations didn't have signs in Katakana...

I think its fair to say that the latin alphabet is a worldwide
standard

Western European, rather than worldwide.

which the majority of the world population who are literate
would at least have a basic knowledge of. Any metro that didn't have
phonetic signs using the latin alphabet is probably just being bloody
minded. Or in North Korea.

Or in Moscow, Japan, China, Greece or any country using the Arabic
alphabet (which used to include examples on every continent except
Antarctica and America).

--
Shenanigans! Shenanigans! Best of 3!
-- Flash