Old May 9th 08, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Should I get a weekly instead of payg plus daily tickets

Mystery Flyer wrote

Thanks for your reply - I looked into it. Its pretty grim reading and

would cost me over double and take longer to tube from Wimbledon

rather
than SWT from CLJ to RMD so its not worth it...

As Paul Scott noted, a Z1-6 is valid on SWT/NR as well as tube, bus and
tram.

Buses from Surbiton to Richmond may also be worth a trial (K3/71/281 to
Kingston, Eden St then 65, about 30-40 minutes).

Guess I'll do the ticket on the way home thing.

Its a shame you cant do this from the SWT ticket machines at

Effingham
Junction which is of course closed in the evening - but you can buy
tickets for tomorrow from the Southern ticket machines at Leatherhead

but you cant change the originating station..

SWT plan to upgrade their machines. I think they got set back when they
replaced their first pick by the kind that Southern use.

--
Mike D