Old May 10th 08, 01:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default What line was this...

Recliner wrote:
"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li

Are the new Central platforms in the right place for a good
interchange should the Piccadilly platforms be moved in the broad,
sunlit uplands of some enlightened future?

No.

I'm not sure if this link will work, but try clicking on it and then
click on the Bird's eye tab (and close the pane on the left).
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&sp=Point.skn5q2gz8nxp_Park%20Royal____&encTyp e=1

I assume the new Central line platforms would be a little to the east
of the bridge under the Picc, under the new road and foot bridges.

No, they will be east of the footbridge, unless the plan has changed in the
last few years.
There's a map here... http://www.alwaystouchout.com/project/33
The situation in 2001 is described here...
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acro...PkRoyalCentral

I'll believe these platforms when they start building them. The planning
consent for the office park included the condition that the station would
open before the third (of eight) office blocks opened. What's the status of
the office blocks?