Old May 11th 08, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner Recliner is offline

Default What line was this...

"John Rowland" wrote in
message
Recliner wrote:
"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li

Are the new Central platforms in the right place for a good
interchange should the Piccadilly platforms be moved in the broad,
sunlit uplands of some enlightened future?

No.

That's a pity -- it doesn't look like it would be particularly difficult
to create a decent interchange station, which would make travel around
west London more convenient.

I'm not sure if this link will work, but try clicking on it and then
click on the Bird's eye tab (and close the pane on the left).
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&sp=Point.skn5q2gz8nxp_Park%20Royal____&encTyp e=1

I assume the new Central line platforms would be a little to the east
of the bridge under the Picc, under the new road and foot bridges.

No, they will be east of the footbridge, unless the plan has changed
in the last few years.
There's a map here... http://www.alwaystouchout.com/project/33
The situation in 2001 is described here...
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acro...PkRoyalCentral

I'll believe these platforms when they start building them. The
planning consent for the office park included the condition that the
station would open before the third (of eight) office blocks opened.
What's the status of the office blocks?

The second building looks complete, but doesn't yet seem to be occupied,
nor to have any company sign on it. I suppose they may weel still be
working on the interior fittings.

I've not yet noticed any sign of the third building, so I suppose they
could still meet the deadline of getting the station done before opening
the third building. But I've not noticed any work starting on it yet
either, nor on the Picc line platforms, assuming they do intend there to
be a connection, even if it's not a convenient one.