Old May 11th 08, 09:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner Recliner is offline

Default What line was this...

"John Rowland" wrote in
message
Recliner wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in
message

I'll believe these platforms when they start building them. The
planning consent for the office park included the condition that the
station would open before the third (of eight) office blocks opened.
What's the status of the office blocks?

The second building looks complete, but doesn't yet seem to be
occupied, nor to have any company sign on it. I suppose they may
weel still be working on the interior fittings.

I've not yet noticed any sign of the third building, so I suppose
they could still meet the deadline of getting the station done before
opening the third building. But I've not noticed any work starting on
it yet either, nor on the Picc line platforms, assuming they do
intend there to be a connection, even if it's not a convenient one.

Someone who ought to know what they are talking about suggested that
the developers never intended more than two blocks... that the
planning request for eight blocks with station before the third was a
con.

I doubt that -- they've flattened the old brewery site, and I can't
imagine that they don't intend to build on it. The completed buildings
only occupy a small part of a very large plot. By the time they've
finished, the Park Royal site could rival Stockley Park (also badly
served by public transport).