Old May 12th 08, 04:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy Rupert Candy is offline

Default 465s finally get CCTV (and new displays)

This morning, I noticed the first of what is presumably to be a fleet
installation of CCTV on Networkers. Rather surprisingly, the cameras
are in grey boxes which take the place of (and have a similar
appearance to) the original PIS displays above the gangway doors.
These are replaced by new dot matrix displays in white boxes mounted
in the door vestibules (same position as 165s, but looking more like
the PIS displays on refurbished D stock). I'm not sure whether the new
PIS displays incorporate additional cameras, but it would seem to make
sense to ensure coverage of the whole train! Above the doors was a new
design of information sticker with prominent notices warning about
CCTV and penalty fares.

The train I was on was an (unidentified) 465/2. IIRC these are owned
by a different ROSCO to the 465/0s, so I suppose it may not be a fleet-
wide installation. The interiors seem to be otherwise untouched.