Old May 14th 08, 03:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Shepherds Bush WLL station

On 14 May, 13:30, Jamie Thompson wrote:
I thought they were planning for 6-car trains in the mid-term future.
I suppose they just want to get the damn thing open now though...

They were, but London Overground seem to have settled on running an
all 4 car network for the foreseeable future. On the ELL extension
only Shoredtich High Street is being built with 8 car platforms - even
Dalston Junction, which will be stuck in the basement of new high rise
flats, is being built with 4 car bay platforms (not sure about the
through platforms).

They've left space at the north end of Shepherd's Bush for the
platforms to be extended to 8 car, though the most likely user would
be Southern.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London