Old May 14th 08, 09:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Chris Read Chris Read is offline

Default Moir Lockhead, Routemasters and the bendy bus

"MIG" wrote:

Chris Read wrote:

He also said that bus passengers and operators like the bendies - it's
other
road users (ie cabbies and cyclists, I guess) who detest them.

No, he is just wrong. Most passengers don't like them either, and I
can't believe it's much fun for the drivers except if they are paid
more for coping with them.

I like them, but I'm primarily a 'Red Arrow' user, for which routes they are
well suited. I haven't noticed a huge clamour to bring back the Leyland
Nationals with plastic seats.

IIRC, the drivers are paid more.

And don't forget pedestrians, whose crossings are constantly blocked
by them.

Hardly any drivers observe crossing courtesies in London. In my view, bendy
drivers are amongst the smoothest and most courteous of bus drivers in
London.

But why should we accept that the choice is between bendys and
Routemasters? I'm sure I remember a few generations of other designs
in between and since ...

Agreed. But no more Tridents, please........

Chris