Old May 14th 08, 11:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Ross[_2_] Ross[_2_] is offline

Default Moir Lockhead, Routemasters and the bendy bus

On Wed, 14 May 2008 15:55:36 -0700 (PDT), MIG wrote in
,
seen in uk.transport.buses:

[...]
If they were asked if they prefer to stand for the duration of their
bus ride they might not say "yes".

I'm not honestly sure about this one.

I've not travelled on many bendies in London, but I've noticed a
tendency (as on the tube) for people to stand rather than sit if
they're only going one or two stops, even if there are plenty of seats
available - and I'm not referring to standing rather than sitting next
to someone, but to standing rather than having a pair of seats to
oneself.

I think the truth is that human behaviour is far too complex for any
simplistic survey (or Usenet thread!) to encompass.

--
Ross.
* Opinions are my own; my employer has disowned me again.

AD: http://www.merciacharters.co.uk for rail enthusiast tours in Europe