Old May 15th 08, 08:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Neil Williams Neil  Williams is offline

Default Moir Lockhead, Routemasters and the bendy bus

Ross wrote:

I've not travelled on many bendies in London, but I've noticed a
tendency (as on the tube) for people to stand rather than sit if
they're only going one or two stops, even if there are plenty of seats
available - and I'm not referring to standing rather than sitting next
to someone, but to standing rather than having a pair of seats to
oneself.

I must admit to doing that on both deckers and bendies, especially if
carrying any kind of rucksack or similar (which I usually am) as it
saves, on a quiet bus, having to remove it.

Neil