Old May 15th 08, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Boris - remove this absurd Oyster vs cash cost disparity

In message
, at
23:39:59 on Wed, 14 May 2008, Graham Drabble
remarked:
I would stop moaning about Oyster if TfL bothered to put vending
machines at convenient places in south London. Y'know, I bet that
people like Tesco would be happy to have Oystery ticket machines
in their shops

On the other side from this it would be nice if the station vending
machines / shops could take money from an oyster card.

That was part of the plan, but as I understand it the financial rules in
this country would mean that Tfl had to become a "bank" and that was too
much for them.

In the mean time Barclaycard have stepped into the void with their
"onepulse" combined Oyster and pay-wave card. I have yet to see any
pay-wave enabled tills, let alone vending machines, though.