Old May 15th 08, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sir Benjamin Nunn Sir Benjamin Nunn is offline

Default Tube Walking Project - Completed!

"londonphotoproject" wrote in message

On Monday I completed my six-month challenge to walk the entire London
Underground (above ground). I have walked the routes of all 12 tube
lines (I started before the East London line closed). The walking was
split of 54 days and the total length of my walking routes was 378.5
miles. That is only 7 miles per day on average so if you were willing
to up the miles per day it would be doable in much less time.

Fascinating stuff! I might have to try this myself, at least in part.

Where did you get your routes from? Some of them aren't quite right.

For instance, on the W &C, you 'chose to cross the Thames at Southwark
Bridge as this is close to where the Waterloo & City line crosses the
river'.

However, the W&C doesn't really go this way (despite it's portrayal on the
diagrammatic map as such). It cross the river soon after leaving Waterloo,
and passes close to Blackfriars station on the North side of the river.

BTN