Old May 15th 08, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Moir Lockhead, Routemasters and the bendy bus

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:23:19PM +0100, Tom Barry wrote:

My gut feeling is that the bendies will be put out to pasture when their
natural life is up, which may be from about 2012 onwards (I'm assuming
average bus life in London as being about ten years ...

apart from Routemasters, of course, which were still going strong after
as near as damnit 50 years - yes, admittedly with a couple of major
refurbs and with regular maintenance, but the only reason that a modern
bus wouldn't last 50 years if looked after would be because it's a crap
bus built down to a price instead of built to do the job properly.

--
David Cantrell | A machine for turning tea into grumpiness

More people are driven insane through religious hysteria than
by drinking alcohol. -- W C Fields