Old May 15th 08, 10:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Moir Lockhead, Routemasters and the bendy bus

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:28:42PM +0100, Paul Corfield wrote:

I like bendy buses and I think they do have a role in a busy bus network
like London's. I don't expect many here to agree with me but hey!

I think they do too, just not on the routes they're currently on
(actually I'm only really familiar with the 38 and 73, and then only as
far east as Holborn).

They'd do better on routes that run along major roads without too many
junctions, such as along the Embankment or Euston Road, or out to
Heathrow. Where they're not suitable is on twisty high-frequency routes
where they block junctions and have difficulty getting around parked
vehicles.

Your call is important to me. To see if it's important to
you I'm going to make you wait on hold for five minutes
before putting you through to Dave's mobile. This call will
be recorded for quality and amusement purposes.