Old November 22nd 03, 05:46 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Pete Smith Pete Smith is offline

Default The effects of a road congestion tax

In article ,
says...
In article ,
says...
Conor
Exactly the same way they forced speedlimiters on HGVs. Make it law.

Law against a burnt fuse supplying power to the sat / gps tracker ?
Regards,

Sorry, I missed the point unless you were having a dig at HGVs in which
case may I point you to a recent DfT study?

Calm down, calm down! I don't think he's having a dig at truckers, but if
it was law that all cars were to be fitted with a GPS speed limiter, would
they have a law against the limiter having mysteriously blown a fuse due
to a wiring problem?

Out of interest, I've a feeling that if a truck has a non functioning
tachometer/limiter due to a blown fuse, that this is against the
regs/laws, and the truck must be taken out of active duty until it's
fixed. Just call me paranoid, but...

Pete.

--
NOTE! Email address is spamtrapped. Any email will be bounced to you
Remove the news and underscore from my address to reply by mail