Old May 19th 08, 05:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Bank Interchange

On 19 May, 17:29, "Sir Benjamin Nunn" wrote:
Is this a case telling the stupid public one thing, but doing another,
perhaps so as not to encourage extra traffic at the station? Or is it
possible to go Central-Northern but not vice versa, so they are keeping
quiet about it so as not to confuse folks?

Got it in one. The station is completely open at the north end
(Central Line/W&C).

(they've since produced a more honest and friendly brochure that's
only available at the Bank ticket hall, with the harsh leaflet/message
given to everyone else)

What has not been explained is why replacing the escalator from Monument to
the Northern Line platforms should affect Northern-Central interchange. Has
that interchange actually been closed at all?

Because they want fewer passengers to come to the station while the
work is in progress. The north end of the station was completely
closed up for the first few days.

Have i been wasting my time changing needlessly at Moorgate every week just
because I accepted service information at face value?

Absolutely.

You could do worse than read my posts on the subject, particularly 31
March (the first day), 2 April (the official explanation) and 26 April
(the future work schedule):
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...=bank+monument

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London