Old May 20th 08, 09:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Mitcham Eastfields

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Mr Thant wrote:
On 19 May, 12:48, Paul Corfield wrote:

Yes, announced on the FCC website:
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...iCmsPageId=331

It certainly wasn't ready to open when I visited on Saturday:
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...eks-to-go.html

I was there on Monday. I'm not sure why the footbridge, complete with a
MIP lift on each side, is there at all.

If you go back a couple of years to the high profile incident at Elsenham,
when two girls were killed at a LC between the ticket office and the train
they needed, I suspect all new stations with adjacent LCs will get
footbridges. What is unusual here is that the footbridge is onto the down
platform and separated from the up platform due to the staggered layout,
(which is to reduce the time the barriers are closed to traffic). I suspect
many pax will wait at the road barriers though if they've just got off a
train.

The lifts are then apparently compulsory with a new footbridge, cos of the
DDA, although I'm sure there are exceptions...

Paul S