Old November 23rd 03, 12:02 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Conor Conor is offline

Default The effects of a road congestion tax

In article ,
says...

Calm down, calm down! I don't think he's having a dig at truckers, but if
it was law that all cars were to be fitted with a GPS speed limiter, would
they have a law against the limiter having mysteriously blown a fuse due
to a wiring problem?

See answer below. THere is a little leeway.

Out of interest, I've a feeling that if a truck has a non functioning
tachometer/limiter due to a blown fuse, that this is against the
regs/laws, and the truck must be taken out of active duty until it's
fixed. Just call me paranoid, but...

It doesn't have to be taken out of service but it must be notified
immediately and fixed at the earliest opportunity, i.e the same day. A
week later is insufficient.

--
Conor

Hi. This is my friend, Jack ****, and you don't know him.