Old May 20th 08, 09:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Bus hits tree

On 20 May, 18:44, "Steve Dulieu"
wrote:
Which part of ...
Zebra crossings could be provided to access stops - this
kind of arrangement is very common in Germany, and works very well.

Yeah ok , I didn't read it properly. I'm not sure having a bus stopped
in the outer lane of a dual carraigeway with lots of passengers
milling around is the safest way of doing things. Just because its
done in germany doesn't mean its a good idea over here given the
different attitude of pedestrians crossing roads.

B2003