Old November 23rd 03, 12:05 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Conor Conor is offline

Default The effects of a road congestion tax

In article ,
says...

There must be quite a few on the roads in that condition I was on the
M61 the other day doing 60MPH and no less than half a dozen HGV's
went racing passed me eight wheel articulated's at that its time speed
cameras where erected on our motor ways .
Grant .

Car speedos overread up to 10%. It is quite feasible that your actual
speed , not indicated speed, was as low as 55MPH which is 5MPH below
the HGV speed limit. Onmy last wagon, I knew how inaccurate the speedo
was..0.5 MPH at 56MPH because the tyres were part worn.

HGVs have tacho calibration tests every two years and are calibrated to
a far tighter tolerance than a car. When was the last time your car
speedos accuracy was checked?

--
Conor

Hi. This is my friend, Jack ****, and you don't know him.