Old May 21st 08, 08:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Brian Watson Brian Watson is offline

Default Banglatown: calls to rename East End station

"alex_t" wrote in message
Calls to rename East End station

A proposal has been made to change the name of a revamped station due

to open in the East End in two years time.

Shoreditch High Street station will open as part of the East London

Line.

Tower Hamlets councillor Abdal Ullah said the new station should be

called "Banglatown" to reflect the strong Bangladeshi community.

I see no reason why station names should not reflect current social trends
or political figures.

We've already got Golda's Green - a tribute to former Israeli premier Golda
Meir.

There must be an appropriate "Heath" that could be modified to acknowledge
the late Sir Edward of that name, though I can't think of a suitable current
station name than easily be amended to
"That-****-Brown-promoted-beyond-his-abilities."
--
Brian