Old November 23rd 03, 12:31 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Grant Crozier Grant Crozier is offline

Default The effects of a road congestion tax

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 01:05:40 -0000, Conor
wrote:
HGVs have tacho calibration tests every two years and are calibrated to
a far tighter tolerance than a car.

They maybe but how often are the graphs checked by the MOD ? once
every blue moon I would imagine have you ever seen or read about any
HGV driver being prosecuted for speeding on taco evidence alone .
When was the last time your car speedos accuracy was checked?

Can't tell you only had this particular car three months and in any
case the next time I get done for speeding will be my first
even the police are not bothered in the slightest about HGV's
speeding on motor ways .
I know this for a fact I was once driving on the M6 quite a few years
ago before taco's came into being and a HGV over took me at well over
70 MPH I was doing 70 at the time and he was out of sight in no time.
A friend in the car with me took his number and we called in at the
Police station just of the M6 at Samlesbury told the motorway police
that where in there and they just shrugged their sholders and said
what do you want us to do about it go chasing after him ! .
Grant .