Old May 22nd 08, 12:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil  Williams is offline

Default South Central Franchise consultation

Paul Scott wrote:

published today:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/...nchisecons.pdf

Good to see that the WCML-WLL service will be extended back northwards
again. I imagine (judging by the number of people who connect into it
at Watford from points north) this will be a very popular move.

At the south end I'm not so sure (given that it will end up being
truncated to Clapham Jn rather than Gatwick) but then again there are
a wide variety of destinations available from Clapham Jn as compared
to Watford Jn, and so you'd only have pleased a small subset of
passengers by running to Brighton.

Neil