Old May 22nd 08, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Ludgate Hill/St Paul's

On Thu, 22 May 2008 16:54:36 +0100, Mike Bristow wrote:

[we should have bus lanes if they are a net benifit]
Says who?

Society as a whole - in a rather roundabout way via the ballot box.

I don't ever remember there being a referendum on bus lanes.

That's why I said "in a rather roundabout way". It's called
representative democracy.

To put it into practice: if you want fewer bus lanes, vote
for a Brian Coleman.

Please can I move to your fantasy world where I get to vote for one
candidate on issue A, another on issue B, a third on issue C...?