Old May 23rd 08, 09:40 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] jdfi@hotmail.com is offline

Default Kensington Olympia and Arriva Cross Country east of Reading Queries

Hi folks,

A couple of questions if I may. I was planning to travel on the Cross
Country services from Reading to East Croydon/Redhill sometime soon,
to say farewell (I need one of the curves at Acton Wells Jct).

Am I right in thinking that the only bits of track that these services
use that could be considered rare are Acton-Mitre Bridge, and
Latchmere-Factory Jcts, as per PSUL http://www.avoe05.dsl.pipex.com/2008.htm

I was thinking of doing both ways from East Croydon/Redhill to Gatwick
(i.e. via Kensington Olympia, and via Guildford), can anyone suggest
the best ticket to get?

I see there are two Gatwick-Reading fares, one routes Guildford and
the other London.... does Kensington Olympia still count as a London
Terminal please?

I was going to look at a zone R1256 travelcard, then a boundary zone 6
to Reading ticket, but I see this is only available as either route
Slough or route Ascot, so perhaps doesn't help me that much.

Anyone care to say whether East Croydon to Reading via Guildford would
be considered a valid route?

Thanks in anticipation