Old November 23rd 03, 12:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robert Woolley Robert Woolley is offline

Default Route 73 to be converted to Bendi Bus

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 11:52:46 -0000, "Billy"
wrote:

I suspect Bluestars point is the omission from your list of (k).....
A somewhat unhealthy prediliction for the Articulated Bus products of
Mercedes Benz Gmbh coupled with,
(l) A suspicious reluctance to accept that the Marshall Refurbishment
programme resulted in a very cost-effective and efficiently engineered PCV
capable of meeting or exceeding present performance standards

except the refurb won't give you an accessible bus....

WITHOUT
recourse to additional and highly questionable supports (ie: Cashless
Boarding aka Revenue Free Transport).

I think you'll find that the revenue regime is changing:

New posts managing revenue inspections:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk./tfl/jobs/jobs-tfl-tped-2.shtml

I also know (I admit tor working for TfL) that there are plans to
increase the revenue inspection.

Maybe others can fill in the remaining slots from (m) to (z)........ : )

--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk