Old May 26th 08, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham J[_2_] Graham J[_2_] is offline

Default Venezuela oil deal to end - BBC

"Boris Johnson will not renew anwith which provides cheap fuel for
London's buses once the agreement ends later this year. The mayor of
London said half-price bus and tram fares for 250,000 Londoners on income
support, which was also funded by the deal, would still be honoured. Mr
Johnson said he thought many Londoners were uncomfortable with how the
scheme was funded."

Always seemed a bit odd to me...

Indeed, though I've always also been uncomfortable with the use of the
funding as I don't think it is TfL's place to be involved in the benefits
system.