Old May 26th 08, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
chunky munky chunky munky is offline

Default Stratford to Deptford Bridge

On May 26, 8:23 pm, MIG wrote:
On May 26, 8:13 pm, chunky munky
wrote:

On May 26, 4:15 pm, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:

I need to get from Stratford to Deptford Bridge tomorrow, TfL website
seems to imply taking the DLR and changing at Canary wharf, does the
DLR not run direct from Stratford to Deptford Bridge?
I've not used the DLR before but the map seems to imply a nice simple
direct line.
--
Mark Varleywww.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.ukwww.TwistedPhotogra phy.co.uk
London, England.

I reckon you may not have to change.
They are doing emergency engineering work on a bridge which will mean
that trains to or from Bank or Tower Gateway will not be able to run
via Canary Wharf.

Is that the section shown as "W. Curve" on Quail? (Between West India
Quay and Westferry.)

I've noticed some bits of track being taken up recently. One is the
siding at Mudchute, which probably has to go to make room for a
platform extension.

But I can't work out what's happening at "W. Curve", where the
junction between the two tracks has been moved east, leaving an unused
section of track up to just before where the line from Poplar joins.

Thats the section.
The DLR is also closing early at 2330 tonight because of the work.