Old May 28th 08, 09:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neill Neill is offline

Default Operating Incident at Liverpool Street

On May 28, 10:30 pm, "Richard J." wrote:
Peter Masson wrote:
"Richard J." wrote

It sounds as if one of the pillars supporting that end of the
bridge may have partially collapsed. I can now understand why the
security guys insisted that I wore a hard hat to take the photo at
http://rjnews.fotopic.net/p50210450.html!

I don't think a hard hat would have been much use if that lot had
landed on your head.

:-)

Also on BBC News tonight: "The leaning tower of Pisa has stopped moving for
the first time in its 800-year history." Perhaps the bridge is trying to
make a name for itself as the leaning bridge of Shoreditch.
--
Richard J.

Does the bridge sit on existing pillars or are they new?

Neill