Old May 28th 08, 09:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
IanB[_2_] IanB[_2_] is offline

Default Operating Incident at Liverpool Street

On 28 May, 22:36, Neill wrote:
On May 28, 10:30 pm, "Richard J." wrote:

Peter Masson wrote:
"Richard J." wrote

It sounds as if one of the pillars supporting that end of the
bridge may have partially collapsed. *I can now understand why the
security guys insisted that I wore a hard hat to take the photo at
http://rjnews.fotopic.net/p50210450.html!

I don't think a hard hat would have been much use if that lot had
landed on your head.

:-)

Also on BBC News tonight: *"The leaning tower of Pisa has stopped moving for
the first time in its 800-year history." *Perhaps the bridge is trying to
make a name for itself as the leaning bridge of Shoreditch.
--
Richard J.

Does the bridge sit on existing pillars or are they new?

Neill- Hide quoted text -

This sounds like very bad news for the ELL - two other bridges were
craned in in the last few weeks. could it also have ramifications for
other bridge builds, and for longer term railway projects, as craning
in bridges is used to reduce disruption costs?