Old May 29th 08, 12:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Hughes Mike Hughes is offline

Default Taxi time from Paddington to St. Pancras International - Friday morning?

In message
,
Traveller writes
Hi... I'm arriving at Paddington about 0800/0830 this Friday, heading
for St. Pancras to catch the Eurostar. I know I can take the tube,
but that's not the most appealing option with 2 of us humping
luggage. So, could anyone give me an idea of the likely time and cost
(I know it's only 2.5 miles but am also aware what traffic might be
like!) to get from Paddington to St. Pancras that morning?

Time will of course be dependent upon traffic conditions, but there is a
bus lane the taxis can also use which goes along the major part of the
route you will take. If traffic is light is should take about 220-25
minutes. Allow another 15 if traffic is very bad (not so likely as it's
half term and there is less traffic about)

Cost: If there are no delays cost would be in the order of 11-14 GBP but
if you get stuck in traffic the meter switches to time mode and this
will increase the cost - the greater the waiting the greater the cost.
Even *if* you get stuck it would be unlikely to exceed 20 GBP (worse
case scenario in most conditions)

As someone else has pointed out there is sometimes a queue for taxis,
but there is always a very good supple of taxis and you will move along
the queue very quickly.

Hope this helps

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England