Old May 29th 08, 09:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default Operating Incident at Liverpool Street

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 May 2008 10:40:38 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T
wrote:

Network Rail released this strongly worded statement late this
afternoon:

Because of concerns over TfL's handling and management of both the
project and its contractors, Network Rail has banned work on the
bridge, effective immediately. This will remain in place until TfL has
completed an investigation and reported back on the causes of the
incident and what measures it will be putting in place to prevent a
repetition.

While I am not at all surprised that top level communication has
occurred as a result of this incident I do find the tone of Network
Rail's "outrage" and their "banning" to be tinged with a large splash of
hypocrisy given the almighty cockups that they have inflicted on the
travelling public.

A more measured press release might have kept things in perspective.

They must be hoping that one of their contractors doesn't manage to drop
something from one of their bridges on to a motorway running underneath ...

Peter