Old June 1st 08, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Booze Cruise

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 02:26:09 +0100, Thunderbug
wrote:

If it was supposed to be a protest to claim that drinking didn’t need
banning from the tube, I think they’ve just shot themselves in both feet
with quite a lot of bullets indeed.

I don't think it was - I think it was just meant to be a
two-fingers-up ****-up session.

I'm surprised the various authorities didn't find some way to prevent
it happening, such as registering a one-off alcohol ban for 31/5 but
not (as the railway does) publicising it until the last minute.

Actually, it did surprise me that the rule was not introduced with
immediate effect, anyway...

Neil

--
Neil Williams