Old June 1st 08, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Booze Cruise

In message , at 09:38:16 on Sun,
1 Jun 2008, Neil Williams remarked:
I'm surprised the various authorities didn't find some way to prevent
it happening, such as registering a one-off alcohol ban for 31/5 but
not (as the railway does) publicising it until the last minute.

Actually, it did surprise me that the rule was not introduced with
immediate effect, anyway...

Bringing it in after a Saturday night seems a bit odd. Other rules that
co-incide with the start of months at weekends often wait until Monday
to take effect.