Old June 1st 08, 11:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tims next home tims next home is offline

Default Booze Cruise

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 09:38:16 on Sun, 1
Jun 2008, Neil Williams remarked:
I'm surprised the various authorities didn't find some way to prevent
it happening, such as registering a one-off alcohol ban for 31/5 but
not (as the railway does) publicising it until the last minute.

Actually, it did surprise me that the rule was not introduced with
immediate effect, anyway...

Bringing it in after a Saturday night seems a bit odd. Other rules that
co-incide with the start of months at weekends often wait until Monday to
take effect.

I am sure that the office of the mayor never thought that anything like this
would happen.

After all, there wasn't a history of parties on the tube so I doubt that
anyone thought that someone would arrange one on the last day.

tim