Old June 1st 08, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Barry Tom Barry is offline

Default Booze Cruise

tims next home wrote:

I am sure that the office of the mayor never thought that anything like
this would happen.

After all, there wasn't a history of parties on the tube so I doubt that
anyone thought that someone would arrange one on the last day.

tim

Considering the Mayor is an intelligent man with some idea of the
English character, I'd have thought it was entirely predictable, and a
Saturday night after a London team was in (and as it turned out winning)
the Rugby Premiership final wasn't the best timing ever. It was
effectively the equivalent of a teenager issuing an open invitation on
Facebook when her parents are on holiday and finding the house trashed.

However, the Northern and Piccadilly trains I took home at about 11:30
were full but impeccably behaved, and yes we were drinking. By that
time the info boards were showing that something untoward had affected
the Circle and District, and the train missed out Gloucester Road as a
result. The only negative is that I think I forgot to touch out on
leaving the station, which is probably as good a reason as any not to
drink and tube.

I wonder what the extra fare take over a normal Saturday was?

Tom