Old June 1st 08, 11:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Graculus Graculus is offline

Default Waterloo to St Pancras International.

wrote in message
On May 31, 8:50�pm, "Graculus"
wrote:
"francis" wrote in message

What would be the best step free route from Weybridge to St Pancras
for a 70 year old with luggage?

From the other responses to this question, you'll see there's no direct
tube
link, so it will always require a change of trains, though the Wimbledon
option requires least movement during the change. There is, however, a
direct bus service - the number 59 - goes every 12 minutes from stop K at
Waterloo, and takes about half an hour. TfL say that all their buses have
low steps these days, so there should be little or no step up onto the bus
(depends on the kerb height). You may need to cough loudly and pointedly
if
you need someone to give up their seat for you :-)

I'd hardly recommend using bus stop K at Waterloo to someone requiring
step-free access! It's either a long hike via an escalator and then
along Waterloo Road, crossing at least 2 roads in the the process; or
leaving via the arch near the taxi rank and then negotiating the taxi
road, bus road adjacent to the Eastern lines and fairly steep inclines
at several places!

- Oh well, worth a try. I am not over-familar with the various bus stops
around Waterloo. Good job someone's on the ball.