Old June 1st 08, 03:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Stratford - Mind the Gap

On 1 Jun, 16:29, "Peter Masson" wrote:

"Mwmbwls" wrote

quote
Stratford access needs attention urgently
London TravelWatch has written to the Government expressing its deep
concerns about the lack of progress on interchange arrangements at
Stratford.

There are still no satisfactory arrangements between the platforms to
be served by the Southeastern High Speed domestic services and
Stratford regional services in the period between December 2009 when
the high speed service commences and the completion of the work for
the Olympics in 2012.

From some time in 2010 they will be linked by DLR - which is probably better
than a shuttle bus or walking, especially through a building site.

During the planning of the Jubilee line extension, I'm wondering
whether there was ever any thought that provision might be made for
extended the line from Stratford Regional to Stratford Int'l? Though
when the JLE was being planned, I suppose the future existence of
Stratford Int'l was far from certain.