Old June 2nd 08, 05:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Mitcham Eastfields Open

On 2 Jun, 17:51, Mizter T wrote:
I wonder what the delay was in opening the station - maybe it was just
to keep 'first train enthusiasts' on their toes! (Or maybe just allow
them a lie-in instead of a crack of dawn start...)

I went down there last night for a look just as the builders were
packing up (I wasn't expecting it to open as early as today). The only
things amiss were a few noticeboards hadn't been put up and one
segment of the down platform's canopy was missing.

The official line was that regulatory safety checks hadn't been done.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London