Old June 2nd 08, 09:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Uriah Uriah is offline

Default Mitcham Eastfields Open

On 2 Jun, 21:27, "Peter Masson" wrote:

It's too early to pass judgment on the new design of modular stations, with
Mitcham Eastfields the only example to date. But they will have to be much
better than a previous attempt, the dreaded CLASP design.

I think you can pass judgment now! Greenhithe is being rebuilt with
the kit of parts - from what I can see it is virtually identical to
Eastfields.

Reminds me of the original DLR station concept, in as much as you
rearrange and join the parts to fit the site, but around 90% of the
construction is the same at any site.

I think the modular station parts are more attractive than CLASP, but
will be just as ubiquitous.