Old June 2nd 08, 09:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tom Barry Tom Barry is offline

Default Brian Cooke Sacked!

Mizter T wrote:

Thanks Tom, you've answered some of my questions about that, including
who is was who abstained from the vote - having looked up the
composition of the committee I couldn't work out who it might be, and
I'm a bit surprised and disappointed to hear it was Jenny Jones
(though maybe I should read or listen to the arguments before I reach
that judgement). Maybe she'd built up a rapport with him over
transport issues, I dunno. At least it's not as bad as it might look
at first glance - she seemingly wasn't against punishing him, just not
punishing him so severely. Any idea who the Conservative AM who didn't
turn up was and why?

Victoria Borwick, the only female Tory (so fairly easy to spot, then).
The remaining three sat in a line on the right (haha) with Jones next
along. The most forceful questioning came from the Lib Dem, Caroline
Pidgeon, who appeared to be channelling Gwynneth Dunwoody at times.

I think I will try and find time to look at the papers properly, read
the minutes when they come out and even watch the webcast. I don't
like this talk coming from the Tories of 'technical breaches' one bit
- flagrant breaches more like. It sits rather ill with their apparent
stand against cronyism and maladministration.

It's probably worth viewing through again, since I missed some chunks
first time round.

Tom