Old June 3rd 08, 07:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
EE507[_2_] EE507[_2_] is offline

Default Mitcham Eastfields Open

On Jun 3, 7:28*am, D7666 wrote:
Mitcham Eastfields

I noticed today - and I'm sure it was not like this yesterday - that
FCC PIS three line displays north of the Thames had two lines of text
something like:

[ Mitcham Eastfields station ]
[ .................................. ]
[ Station will open during t ]

And that was it. It was a scrolling and just end in the 't'. So Luton,
Harpenden, West hampstead are held in suspense over when 't' day is.

This would be the dreadful CIS system that isn't properly synchronised
with departures, much like that on the West London Line?
I assume "...............................8" means the train is
supposed to be formed of 8 coaches. The last time I was at Farringdon
I saw this, but a 4 eventually rolled it. No announcement. Cue much
swearing and running along platform.

This isn't just travel. This is First transforming travel.

Let us know if FCC have updated the system today...