Old June 3rd 08, 08:55 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default New Cross Gate Query

On 3 Jun, 09:21, wrote:
The plan certainly last year was to put it back in (on the basis that
signalling etc was going to be to LUL standards and so to make it easy
to get LUL departmental vehicles etc onto the line) however I heard a
rumour that that plan was now no longer to happen.

I heard that LUL didn't want the hassle of maintaining the points,
which requires a daily inspection. I still haven't seen confirmation
of what kind of signaling the central section will have.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London