Old June 3rd 08, 10:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Booze Cruise

On 2 Jun, 20:59, Tom Barry wrote:
Quite possibly. But then the polish drunks or chavs probably wouldn't
come over here and wouldnt get a job if they did. Doesn't change the
fact that plenty of jobs are going to immigrants because the bone idle
wasters in this country can't be arsed and would sooner chuck some
tenants or strongbow down their gobs.

One of the few bits of immigrant scaremongering that has any basis in
fact is that Polish immigrants tend to increase alcohol related crime.
They are decidedly fond of the falling down water.

Indeed - last Saturday aside, the majority of people I've seen
drinking on the Tube over the last couple of years have been Polish
workmen enjoying a tin of Zwiec or Tyskie on their commute home.

[at least, I'm hoping they were heading home...]

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org