Old June 3rd 08, 10:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Booze Cruise

On 2 Jun, 20:30, (Neil Williams) wrote:
Hmm. Have you ever been out in a Polish town on a Saturday night?
Makes last Saturday look like a tea-and-cake picnic...

Yes, I have (Poznan[1]), and it was as civilised as any other European
country. A breath of fresh air compared with the UK, and an
experience that seriously lifted my perceptions of the country and its
people.

Hmm. I've been out in Gdansk and Wroclaw on Saturday nights, and both
towns featured the same kind of good-natured-but-utterly-drunken-
carnage that we do so well in the British Isles.

(I've also been out in Warsaw on a wet Wednesday. This was somewhat
less riotous...)

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org