Old June 4th 08, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default "OnePulse" cards and Oyster readers

On 3 Jun, 19:09, wrote:
Alighting at South Bermondsey this evening I was greeted by a group[1]
of ticket inspectors complete with those hand-held Oyster readers.. On
extracting my Barclaycard/Oyster OnePulse card from my wallet the
inspector grunted "Oh, it's one of those" and waved me on.
Are the handheld readers somehow incompatible with these cards then?
Or is it just a ticket inspector who's faced with something slightly
different and doesn't think it's quite worth the effort...?

That's interesting, I haven't ever observed this happening, but then
again it would happen in a flash, and I don't knowingly know anyone[*]
who has a OnePulse card so I can't ask anyone for their experiences on
this. Given that the OnePulse card obviously has to be compatible with
Oyster and presumably works fine on the Oyster readers elsewhere then
it's hard to see why a handheld reader wouldn't work with them.

Maybe it's a given that Barclaycard holders are all honest!

[*] Is this a phrase worthy of Rumsfeld?