Old June 4th 08, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Woodall Tim Woodall is offline

Default London Midland "logic"

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 19:14:57 +0100,
Paul Scott wrote:

wrote in message
There's some very strange and very confusing "logic" being used by
London Midland to decide which train to display on the platform boards
on platforms 8-11.

I was able to deduce that you were describing the situation at Euston. Not
always easy to provide full information I guess... :-)

Ahh, but I gave you enough information to deduce that. What I'd like to
know was what bit of information was I not noticing that would enable me
to deduce that the train on platform 8 was really the 21:24 when all the
notices said it was the 21:34 (other than that I couldn't find the
21:24)?

Perhaps this is part of a plan to reduce the peak time loadings. They
won't actually announce the peak time trains at all, just the off peak
trains going in the opposite direction (obviously not at Euston :-) and
then rely on the people who really want the peak trains to know about
them and ask. But then all those people who just turn up at a station
and get on a random train will stop getting on a peak time train and get
on one of the empty off peak trains instead and then there will be space
on the peak trains. ;-)

Tim.

and there was light.