Old June 5th 08, 12:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default Blackfriars - SET services after December 2008

On Jun 5, 12:03*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Andy wrote:
On Jun 4, 10:09 pm, Sky Rider wrote:
Mizter T wrote:
I presume terminating the other off-peak trains at City Thameslink
and then perhaps parking them up in the Smithfield sidings until
they're due to head south again is considered impractical given the
frequency of trains on the core Thameslink route.

The other question is what happens to the imbalance in services during
the peak. At present there are more Moorgate terminators than there
are Blackfriars terminators, so where are the 'extras' from the north
going to go?

There is a new turnback siding currently being installed at Herne Hill
especially for Thameslink Key Output 0.

Arrgghhh, I completely forgot about the new siding at Herne Hill.
Shame that there's no room for an extra platform at Herne Hill to
allow the trains to run in service and prevent the 'tipping out'
delays.